Monday, June 5, 2017

The Golden Fire in Doylestown

Hey everybody!

It's been such a blast this week. So much has gone on and it's been great here to start off the transfer. 

It all started with transfers, I said goodbye to Elder Morton and I picked up Elder Smith (another trainer) and we went to work in Doylestown for a few days. They put us together because we didn't pick up the Goldens until Thursday, but it was so much fun. Elder Smith actually served in Doylestown for a while and is currently serving in Exeter, one of my past areas. We had plenty to talk about between our areas and actually worked pretty well together. We taught our investigator Aaron how to personally apply the Book of Mormon which was fantastic! The highlight of the exchange, however, was that I was able to talk to Melissa Maldanado, a Recent Convert I worked with. It was so great to catch up for 5 minutes or so talking about her and her family and said how much they all missed me. It was a special blessing of the Lord to be on that two day exchange.

But then the big day came on Thursday. We went to the Golden Meeting and they announced the companionships one by one and I met my Golden Elder West! He's such a great Elder. He's from West Jordan, Utah and is the oldest of 4. He actually came out at 19 so he's a bit more mature which is very great. All he wants to do is work hard and learn as much as he can as a missionary. Every trainer prays and hopes for such a strong missionary like Elder West. I'm so thankful he's my final companion that will be sending me home. I know we will have such an amazing transfer.

Speaking of that, we already started on the right foot! We found some incredible people this week. We actually met a man named Matthew on Saturday who ordered a Bible. He lives 3 minutes away walking distance from the church, so we had our lesson with him inside and it went so well. Elder West invited him to baptism! In just 3 days, Elder West is pretty much a natural at missionary work. Matthew said he would think about it, so we will keep working towards that goal with him. But it's been a blessing, we have been starting to find more people to work with which is so exciting. The Lord is blessing us so abundantly here in Doylestown. I'm so thankful for all the tender mercies He has given me. I have been able to see it so clearly this past week. From picking up Elder West, to teaching Matthew. There's always a way to see the Lord's hand in your life. I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for us this week!

Elder Cortes

Doylestown, PA


No comments:

Post a Comment