Monday, June 26, 2017

One Last Trip to PennyPACK

Hey everyone! 

It's been a pretty good week for us here in D-Town like it is every week! How can you not have a good week in the Lord's service? But really, it was a blast.

It all started when I went on my last exchange of my mission with my Zone Leader Elder Jolley. Now, Elder Jolley has a soft spot in my heart since we go way back. Not only was he my District Leader in Kutztown, but he's also from Mesa. He actually went to Mountain View for two years which was pretty neat. We caught up on people back home we both knew and talked about the end of the mission. Elder Jolley goes home with me on the same flight, so it was really cool to get another Elder's perspective on coming home. But it was so much fun, we went to Pennypack one last time and it was a blast to see some of the less actives and recent converts I had visited before when I came before. By the end of it, I felt pretty satisfied with how the exchange went and was determined to move forward in the week.

We also found this great lady named Ellie Parker. Any Ellie I find on my mission I always figure is pretty promising. But it was cool to get to know her, she's 85 and had a lot of questions about being forgiven and living with God again. We both got pretty excited to answer her questions. It was very great for me personally because I felt as though we were sent to be an answer to her prayers so that she may find personal peace in her life. 

We also got back in touch with my good friend Aaron Melchor. We had lost contact/ cancelled appointments with Aaron the past two weeks. So being able to meet with him was such a miracle. We taught him the Plan of Salvation through the Book of Mormon which he really enjoyed. He got so much out of our discussion. We invited him to baptism and he told us he would think about it. You could tell the Spirit was really working on him. I feel it's only a matter of time for Aaron to accept, now it's just a matter of helping him come to church.

But it's been such a blessed week. More stuff about home is getting sent from the office and I'm just really thinking how can I use these last two weeks to help me prepare for home. It was great because I had a few minutes with our Stake President, President Ross. And I asked him for advice about being home and he was just so insightful and kind. It really made me thankful my whole mission I have worked with such exemplary leaders in the church. 

I'm so thankful for the opportunities I have to keep learning on the mission. I might be on the tail end of things, but my ability to learn by the Spirit has no expiration date. That is a blessing I will always be thankful for. 

The next P-day is the Fourth so I'll write then. Can't wait to bring you up to speed with the next scoop in the PPM. We're going to the Restoration Site Wednesday and I am so pumped! Talk to you all later!

Elder Cortes

Doylestown, PA





No comments:

Post a Comment