Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Final Fourth Means Going Out With A BANG

Happy Fourth of July!

It's starting to get pretty real over here in the PPM. It's the last week of the transfer with a lot of stuff going on. But I'll get to that later in the weekly. We've had a lot of special experiences from this past week. 

Wednesday was jam packed with the Restoration Site up in Susquehanna. It was a three hour drive one way, but it was so worth it. They took two different groups up to the site so we had 8 missionaries in the van which was so much fun to talk about our missions and plans for life back home. Being at the site was pretty special since I hadn't been in 20 months, but every time you go, there's always a special Spirit there. It was neat because we had a specialized farewell tour of the site where they connected Joseph Smith's work, to the work we have done on our missions. It really strengthened my testimony just those few hours in the Prophet of the Restoration. I'm so grateful for the Restoration of the Gospel and that anyone can receive the blessings that have come simply because Joseph decided to ask in faith. 

After that, we have been finding people just left and right. Just one that sticks out to me is a man named George. He's 86 and had been married to his wife, who has passed, for 60 years. He's such a great guy and it was a great experience to testify of the Plan of Salvation. I don't know if I'll teach George again, but I'm thankful Heavenly Father continues to bless us with finding people who are ready to here the fullness of the Gospel. Even through time is winding down for me, I'm still seeing those blessings that come from being a missionary, which I am so grateful for. 

Sunday was also pretty great. I gave my last testimony as a missionary which was a pretty great experience for me to stand before such a great ward who is so caring toward the missionaries. Without a doubt, Doylestown Ward has a special place in my heart. The Galloways were also going out of town for a little over a week, so I said my goodbyes to them as well as Skylar. I feel so blessed to have been able to work with her and to see everyone's life change as she worked towards being baptized. Monday was also the last District Meeting which was kind of weird to think. Just a lot of lasts that have been coming up, but I'm always so thankful for these special times to really soak it all in. 

I'm very thankful that I'm able to spend one more Fourth out here on the mission. It's been great to really reflect how we are free both temportally and spiritually. You see it over and over the Book of Mormon prophesied this land as choice above all other lands. I'm grateful we get to celebrate the nation's independence and that the Lord has provided a place where the Gospel may grow and expand to the world.

Well, I'm in the home stretch. This week is going to go by like it's nothing. I have my exit interview with President Randall Thursday, departing temple trip Friday, P-day Monday, seeing the city Tuesday, touching down Wednesday. So I have plenty to keep me busy. I'll send out one final email Monday, so till next week.

Elder Cortes

Doylestown, PA






No comments:

Post a Comment