Monday, July 10, 2017

The Best Two Years

Well, this is the last weekly! It's crazy to think how the time has just flown out here. There's a lot of mixed feelings going on right now, but I'm thankful to look back on my service to the Lord this past week or so. I have had so much fun learning from the Lord in so many different ways. It's been such a great two years to be here in this special part of the Lord's vineyard serving in 6 different areas with 15 companions that mean so much. Serving a mission has been the best decision I have ever made in my life that I will always be thankful to my Father in Heaven for. The people I have met have changed my life and I know the friendships I've made will last for a lifetime. I have really come to see my testimony strengthened through experiences that I will keep for the rest of my life. There is no doubt in my mind Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that the Book of Mormon is a witness of the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm thankful to know who my Savior is and how much He loves me. He's helped me really see who I am and how I've become a better person by losing myself in this great work. I'm excited to see how my mission will play a role in all the different parts of my life. Thank you everyone for all the support you gave. It has been such a blessing to hear how all of you have been doing and to know that you all had my back back home and out here in the field. 

If there is anything you can remember from my emails it is that I am sure God lives and loves us always. He sent the Savior to help us become something more, I know we will return to God if we will follow the Savior and rely on Him. It's my hope we will all find happiness that comes from living the Gospel.

Love,

Elder Leopoldo Cortes

Doylestown, PA





No comments:

Post a Comment